YOUTH MINISTER POSITION
Position Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Rector
The Youth Minister at CTR will be someone who longs to see young people on Boston’s North Shore know the saving love of Jesus Christ, and who invests deeply in seeing that dream become a reality. They will be someone who values and understands and is deeply committed to the process of developing young people. The Youth Minister will meet the young people of Boston’s North Shore where they live and work and play and will earn the right to be heard by loving and serving those young people with grace and truth.
CTR is committed to the vision that the Gospel capture the imagination of Boston’s North Shore to the glory of Jesus Christ. The youth of Boston’s North Shore are dying to see themselves as valuable actors in a compelling story of love and redemption. The CTR Youth Minister will be a key leader at CTR, rallying a broad set of stakeholders and resources to ensure the youth in and around our community are invited into this Gospel story.
Builder: CTR has an existing Middle and High School Youth Ministry program, but this is a moment and an opportunity to re-envision and re-build these ministry programs. The Youth Minister will be an entrepreneur who can cast vision and rally others to doggedly and creatively pursue fulfillment of that vision.
Disciple-maker: Young people will draw other young people to deeper relationship with Jesus. The Youth Minister will lead our youth to develop and own their faith and put into practice God’s call to love Him and love their neighbors.
Outreach-oriented: This is not a cerebral, administrative or managerial role. The Youth Minister will be entirely hands-on spending the vast majority of their time out engaged with the youth in their context, from social media memes to Netflix to coaching soccer to chaperoning school dances. The Youth Minister will be the quintessential fun, outgoing, charismatic personality that will draw young people to deeper faith in Jesus.
The Youth Minister is a full-time role and will report to the Rector.
The Youth Minister is responsible for overseeing the holistic discipleship of middle school and high school students at CTR. This will be accomplished relationally with youth, their parents, and the church family.
1. Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, marked by personal gospel renewal, and evidenced in daily life that exhibits the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
2. Seeks, practices, and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the youth and families.
3. Actively applies the gospel to the issues of their everyday life; has a growing understanding of their own core idols and areas for growth.
4. Exhibits biblically-based integrity and unquestionable honesty; earnestly seeking God’s will above all other possible motivations.
5. Exhibits emotional health and maturity; has an accurate self-assessment, and a healthy vulnerability that makes them a gracious and approachable person.
6. Reflects a balanced personal life, which provides for spiritual, physical, and emotional growth for self and family.
7. Promotes a spirit of cooperation, accountability, and fellowship within the church body.
8. Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for youth and their families and a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
9. Exhibits Christ’s love by forming deep, meaningful, and honest friendships both inside and outside of the church.
10. Exhibits both an awareness of and intentionality in using their everyday settings as places where they can represent Christ with their lifestyle and their words.
11. Exhibits intentionality in personally imparting their faith to others; has a passion for making disciples who make disciples.
1. Possess a calling and passion to disciple youth and families in the church.
2. Gifted in leadership, communicating vision, administration, relational ministry, and developing and equipping a leadership team.
3. Able to interpret, teach, and apply scripture in a way that connects the gospel to everyday life issues.
4. Engages with and understands youth culture and diverse parent-youth dynamics.
5. Highly relational in working with youth and partnering with parents. Communicates effectively with all ages inside and outside the church.
6. Team builder and a team player with a demonstrated ability to recruit, equip, inspire, and partner with a team of volunteer leaders.
7. Experienced with ministry in a post-Christian, missional context.
8. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to partner with other churches and parachurch ministries for the advancement of the Gospel among youth and families.
9. Confronts ministry challenges and conflicts with biblical wisdom, with an aim towards restoration.
1. 5+ years Youth Ministry experience, including leadership, teaching, discipleship, and pastoral care.
2. Experienced with shaping an intergenerational, discipleship-based Youth Ministry, particularly in a post-Christian context.
3. Experience relating to teens and their families from a wide variety of family and spiritual backgrounds.
Bachelor’s degree, and biblical training required. Seminary degree preferred.
CTR opened its doors in 2009 and is a parish of the Anglican Diocese in New England. The Diocese is part of the Anglican Church of North America, a united and biblical missionary movement of Anglicans in fellowship with global Anglicanism.
CTR’s foundational beliefs are aligned with those of our parent organizations: the Anglican Church in North America and the Anglican Diocese in New England. These beliefs are best and most comprehensively summarized in our catechism: The ACNA Catechism, “To Be a Christian.”
Please send your CV and a cover letter with reference, “Youth Minister,” to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be suitable for the role.