Sundays at 8:45 & 11:00 a.m.
Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church
188 Elliott Street, Danvers, MA 01923
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm a new visitor. How can I get connected?
Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here!
What does weekly worship look like during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
We are excited to be returning to regular in-person worship in our building! Services will be held at both 8:45 and 11:00 in accordance with state guidelines regarding Covid safety measures:
- You will not need to sign up for a service group or pre-register.
- Please enter and leave the building only by the front entrance, and do not block aisles after the service.
- Groups/families will be seated 6′ apart, using every other pew.
- Masks must worn by congregants per the governor’s orders.
- In place of the traditional collection, offerings should be given online or by check via the labeled box at the foot of the center aisle.
- At the end of the 11:00 am service, hymnals will be returned to the labeled table in the lobby.
- A livestream with high-quality sound will be provided for those preferring to worship from home.
If you have any questions about what to expect, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What measures is the church taking to ensure a clean, safe environment?
Occupancy Limitations: The church sanctuary has ample space by state-issued guidelines for all who want to attend. .
Seating: Families/groups will be seated at least 6′ apart, using every other pew.
Air Exchange & Cleaning: We have recently cleaned/maintained our heating and air handling systems and installed upgraded filters, and we have invested in multiple portable HEPA air filtration devices that are positioned around the sanctuary.
How will I follow along with the service?
Paper service programs will be available for those worshipping in person. For those who prefer to worship at home, the digital program for each service is available on the home page.
Will we be able to receive communion?
Yes! Communion will be served in pre-packaged containers. We offer both regular and gluten free wafers and juice sets. There are several ways you can receive communion:
- In person during the service.
- Pick up the Eucharist at church on Sundays between 10:15 and 10:30 to partake from home during a livestreamed service.
Will there be children and youth programming?
Catechesis Levels I and II will be offered during both the 8:45 and 11:00 services. Catechesis Level III will be having a retreat at the church on May 1 from 10:00 until 12:00.
Will nursery care be available during the service?
While the nursery is not currently staffed, the space is available for parents with small children. The nursery has been cleaned, and a changing table is available. Parents may use the Retreat Room (found at the right rear of the sanctuary when facing the rear exit).
Can I sing?
Yes! Congregational singing will occur and be encouraged in all services, and our choir will be singing. Please note that masks will be worn in accordance with local government mandates.
Can I use the restroom?
Yes! Restrooms are available and are being regularly cleaned.
Will there be a fellowship hour between services?
There will not be a designated “Fellowship Hour” before, between, or following services. However, we do encourage you to socialize outside during those times!
Will there be any adult formation classes on Sunday morning?
We are currently not offering adult formation classes on Sunday mornings. When adult formation classes resume, we will be sure to communicate via email and post information on the website.