Dear Christ the Redeemer family,
I am glad to share exciting news:
Since our Commonwealth began to look toward opening, I have been praying that Christ the Redeemer might find a way to accomplish three things:
- Meet safely together for worship and Eucharist.
- Build trust with our neighbors on the North Shore.
- Have a relaxed and soul-refreshing experience in this.
After exploring options around the North Shore, the church staff has found a way forward. Starting July 12th we will worship outdoors on the lawn at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. There is a lovely space behind the Retreat House, the contours of which allow for shade or sun, distinct seating areas and easy access to parking and restrooms.
We’ll share more soon, but here are some basics:
- One service at 9:30 a.m. as weather permits. (Regardless of weather, online worship will continue.)
- Relaxed, summer style – a great opportunity to invite friends! Please brings lawn chairs if you’re able and an umbrella if you’d like one.
- Parking attendants and extra ushers to help parishioners and guests comfortably comply with guidelines promulgated by the federal Centers for Disease Control and guidance from state and local health officials. (If you’d like to usher this summer or volunteer in other capacities, please contact us at email@example.com. We need you!)
- Special accommodations for the elderly and others who desire extra distancing.
This exciting option only is possible because of the generosity of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and hard work by members of the Christ the Redeemer staff.
So dear friends, please pray with me as we approach this time. I am excited and looking forward to our being together again.
May Jesus Christ be praised,
p.s. Please begin praying now that you might think of people to invite – and also pray for those people.